This recipe was a little out of my comfort zone. I’m not big on spicy food, vegetables or Mexican cuisine. However I know that by challenging my self to eat clean these types of foods are gonna become fairly common. Luckily once I made this soup and tried it I fell in love. It had such a wonderful texture and was packed with flavor. It was especially easy to make since for once I had all ingredients on hand.
- 3 Raw Chicken Breasts
- 1 (12 oz.) Jar Salsa
- 1 lb. Frozen Corn
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (diced)
- 4 Corn Tortillas (shredded)
- 2 C. Dried Black Beans (soaked)
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Pour all ingredients except beans over them.
- Cook on high for about 5-6 hours.
- Add beans at the 4 hour mark.
When I made this recipe I was able to use corn that I had bought in bulk at the farmers market, boiled and frozen for out of season use. I also used Sam’s Salsa that I made this summer, but you can use any clean store bought salsa.
inspired by: www.thegraciouspantry.com
Foodie & Craft Pro