Today is the first day of fall. That means it’s time for cozy clothes and roasted food. I made this salad for the first annual Hunkiedorië Harvest Party. It’s delicious but if you are looking to make things a little simpler, I sometimes use Newman’s Own Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette as a substitute for making my own dressing.
- 1 Butternut Squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into half-moons
- ¼ C. Olive Oil
- 6 Slices Peppered Bacon
- 1 Shallot – minced
- 3 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ C. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 T. Brown Sugar
- 1 Bag Baby Spinach
- ½ C. Toasted Pecans
- ½ C. Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl toss squash with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Arrange butternut squash on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast until golden brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Transfer bacon grease to a small bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook shallot over medium-high heat until tender- about four minutes.
- Whisk in red wine vinegar and brown sugar.
- Add in two tablespoons bacon grease and season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. Add roasted butternut squash and pour over warm vinaigrette, tossing gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with pecans and cheese
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe inspired by: www.delish.com
Foodie & Craft Pro