After having such great success with my Oven Roasted Salsa I felt it only made sense to try making my own marinara sauce using the same process. It turned out amazing and was great tossed with mini meatballs and cheese ravioli later that night for dinner.
- 6-8 Tomatoes (quartered)
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1/4 C. Chopped Basil
- 1/8 C. Chopped Rosemary
- 1/8 C. Chopped Oregano
- 1/8 C. Chopped Thyme
- 1/2 t. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 T. Kosher Salt
- 1/3 C. Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme and olive oil.
- Toss tomatoes, garlic and onion in olive oil mixture.
- Spread out on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in the oven for 25 min.
- Place all contents (including any oils/juices) from the pan in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add in red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you have extras make sure you refrigerate them!
Foodie & Craft Pro
Yum! Will have to try this.