This is hands down one of my favorite meals. I love the sweet and tangy flavor of the BBQ sauce which is followed by the slow burn of the dry rub used on the pork.
- 2 T. Salt
- 2 T. Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 T. Brown Sugar
- 2 T. Paprika
- 1 1/2 T. Red Pepper
- 1 T. Cayenne
- 2 t. Chili Powder
- 4 lbs. Shoulder Pork Roast
- 2 C. Apple Juice
- 1 C. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 T Liquid Smoke
- 1 T. Garlic Powder
- 1 T. Onion Powder
- 1 Bottle Famous Dave’s Rich n’ Sassy BBQ Sauce
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in small bowl.
- Sprinkle dry rub all over the pork roast, pressing into the pork.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a medium bowl and pour about a cup over meat and the rest into the pot.
- Roast for four hours on low, then an additional two hours on high.
- Remove from crock pot and shred
- Place back into crock pot for an additional thirty min.
- Remove the majority of the liquid from pot leaving about 1/2 cup liquid.
- Add BBQ sauce mix and serve.
inspired by: www.foodnetwork.com
Foodie & Craft Pro