The other day while standing in line at the grocery store I picked up the Food Network Magazine. Flipping through it I found this recipe for Bloody Mary Flank Steak by Guy Fieri. I couldn’t wait to try it. I made a few tweaks and I was surprised that after marinating in such a strong collection of flavors the final flavor was very subtle but still very delicious. I think in the future I will try to make a dry rub version to help add more flavor.
- 1 C. Spicy V8 Juice
- 1/2 C. Vodka
- 1 t. Sea Salt
- 1 t. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 t. Sriracha
- 1 t. Lemon Juice
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 T. Crushed Garlic
- 1 t. Onion Powder
- 1 t. Prepared Horseradish
- 4 T. Olive Oil
- 1 lb Flank Steak
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients except for the flank steak in a 1-gallon zip lock bag. Add the flank steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill to high or heat a skillet over high heat. Remove the flank steak from the marinade and wipe the excess liquid off with paper towels. Grill or pan sear both sides, then lower heat to medium and cook to medium rare.
- Let the flanks steak rest, covered, with a clean towel for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut on the bias against the grain and serve.
inspired by: www.foodnetwork.com
Foodie & Craft Pro