I love trying recipes that allow you to use my frozen farmers market supplies from this summer. I usually will buy a ton of sweet corn to cook and freeze to have on hand during the winter. I also was able to use a jar of Sam’s Salsa for this recipe. With so many flavors its hard to believe that this dinner is not only healthy but completely clean as well. I reserved about two cups of the salsa mixture and set it aside to cook on the stovetop for a vegetarian version for my sister. This recipe was so easy, I had a ton of leftovers which I divided and froze for quick dinners in the future.
- 1 Jar Salsa
- 1 1/2 C. Black Beans
- 2 Jalapenos (Diced)
- 2 C. Frozen Corn
- 1/3 C. Sliced Black Olives
- 4 Chicken Boneless Skinless Breasts*
- Grated Marble Jack Cheese
- Tortillas (whole wheat)
- Mix salsa, beans jalapenos and corn together in a bowl and set aside.
- Butterfly chicken and cut into small pieces (*skip this for vegetarian version).
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a crockpot and pour salsa mixture over them.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- In the center of a tortilla put a large spoonful of crock pot filling
- Sprinkle with cheese and fold in half
- Place quesadilla in a George Foreman type grill or panini press and press down for 1-2 min.
- Remove from grill and cut into fourths.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Foodie & Craft Pro