The other night for dinner I finally had the opportunity to try out a new recipe I have been sitting on for a while. I still have bowls and bowls of my big burpee tomatoes and this was a great way to use up a ton of them. My herb garden was in need of some serious trimming so I used all the clippings from earlier that day in this recipe as well. These Marinated Tomatoes were an absolute knockout. I served it that night with large slices of crusty bread for dipping then used the leftovers a few nights later tossed with some pasta and both times the flavors were unbelievable.
- 2 T. Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 3 T. Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 T. Fresh Rosemary (Chopped)
- 1 T. Fresh Thyme (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 t. Salt
- 1 t. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 C. Olive Oil
- ½ C. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 6 Tomatoes (chopped)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently until combined.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 min. before serving to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve with dipping bread or over pasta.