I first made this dessert for our shrunk down Thanksgiving dinner. I know jacked up brownies aren’t your standard Thanksgiving dessert. But, with all the changes we made to shrink down our Thanksgiving dinner to keep family safe, we decided to go a little non-traditional with some of food choices. And let me tell you, this change was a hit, and so far is my husband’s favorite new dessert I’ve made. That being said, he has already requested they be made again, and I thought it would be perfect to share with Hunkiedorië for the 25 Days of Baking.
This recipe is so fun because you can play around with it and really make it your own. It calls for any brownie batter mix, and this time I decided to mix it up with Betty Crocker’s Salted Caramel Brownie Mix. It was a fun change, but I have to say my favorite for this has been the Ghirardelli Brownie Mix. Other variations can include using dark chocolate chips, Rolos instead of peanut butter cups, and/or switching peanuts for pecans or pretzels.
Peanut Butter Crack Brownies
- 1 Box Brownie Mix + all ingredients required by the box instructions.
- 1 Cup Salted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 ½ Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ Cups Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Coat a 9×13 pan, I prefer using Bak-Klene ZTNonstick Baking Spray from Williams Sonoma.
- Make the brownie batter in accordance with the directions on the back of the box and bake for 20-25 minutes or as directed by the brownie box.
- Remove from oven and top with peanuts, marshmallows, and peanut butter cups and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, until combined and creamy.
- Add in the Rice Krispies to your melted chocolate mix, stirring until completely coated.
- Pour Rice Krispie mixture over top the brownies and chill for several hours before cutting
Author for the Hunkiedorië team and sharing my experiences with you all! Some of my favorite things include traveling, adventures with my two dogs, craft beer, cupcakes, and time with family and friends. I love getting out and trying new things whether that is a new restaurant, workout, recipe or a new business.
Trina and Tina
Adding this to our Christmas wish list!