Every year for Christmas Papa Hunk makes his Herb Crusted Prime Rib and King Crab Legs. It is a feast fit for twenty people but in our case, we only need to feed four, one of which is a pescatarian. I hate to see food go to waste so over the past few years I have tried to find creative ways to use up our leftovers, see my Creamy Steak Soup Recipe or my Steak& Tortellini Soup Recipe from a few years back. This year I tried out a few new recipes to make the most out of our Christmas feast. These recipes included this Prime Pasta recipe, Steak Quesadillas, Beef & Barley Soup, and Crab Cakes.
Killer Crab Cakes
- In a food processor pulse croutons until you get a breadcrumb consistency
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine the crushed croutons with the crabmeat.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, eggs, Worcestershire Sauce, baking powder, and Tabasco until smooth.
- Gently fold the mayonnaise mixture with the crabmeat mixture.
- Divide the crabmeat mixture and very gently pat into 1½-inch hamburger-like patties. DO NOT OVERWORK. Set the patties aside until ready to cook.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and, when hot, heat the oil until it shimmers. Set the crab cakes in the hot oil and cook, about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown on both sides and hot throughout. It is important to not crowd the skillet, so cook the crab cakes in multiple batches.
- Transfer the cooked cakes to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Serve over salad with homemade Lemon Dill Aioli Sauce
Foodie & Craft Pro