We did it again. My friends Alex, Emiley (Mighty Miley), and I had another Productivity night. This Consisted of Mighty Miley’s Week Two Workout and our own version of the Skinny Chicken and Avocado Caesar Salad from 18 of the Best Salad Recipes. I didn’t think it was possible to top the Fajita Salad from the previous Productive Group night but I think we did it.
The recipe I was using as inspiration included instructions for a homemade skinny Caesar Dressing, but I was a little intimidated at the thought of using anchovies. Instead, we used a bottle of my favorite Brianna’s Champagne Vinaigrette. I also had a special request to include my toasted ciabatta bread again which is always a crowd favorite. This recipe inspiration went from Skinny Caesar Salad to a Seriously Loaded Caesar Salad. Complete with grilled chicken, sliced avocado, capers and more this was a perfect meal to fill us up after a killer workout.
Seriously Loaded Caesar Salad
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts butterflied
- 4 slices Peppered Bacon
- 3 Eggs I hardboiled mine for the group, but personally I prefer a soft boiled egg. A goody yolky egg brings your salad game up to a whole other level.
- 1 bag Salad I used a spring mix with kale
- 2 Avocados sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper for seasoning
- 1 bottle Brianna's Champagne Caper Vinaigrette my new favorite
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Capers for topping, I like a lot, about 2-3 T
- Croutons for topping
- Butterfly your chicken and season with a generous portion of pepper and a sprinkle of kosher salt. (Pepper this thing to your heart's content, the more the better.)
- Cook your bacon in a large skillet then remove it to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Drain the access bacon grease from your pan and heat about 2-3T of olive oil in the same skillet.
- Cook your chicken over medium-high heat. About 5 min on each side should be more than enough.
- Remove your chicken to a plate to drain and cool.
- Chop your bacon into little bits.
- In a large bowl combine your lettuce mix, avocados, eggs, bacon, and croutons.
- Slice your chicken into thin strips and place on top of your salad.
- Serve your salad topped with parm cheese, croutons, and capers if you like.
- Serve your salad with dressing on the side.
Foodie & Craft Pro