This is my first real attempt at intentionally making a clean dinner that doesn’t sacrifice flavor. I am so excited by how well this turned out. I ended up shredding the meat to use on sandwiches, salads and wraps for my lunches the rest of the week. This is such an easy way to cook chicken I can’t imagine roasting chicken any other way.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 t. Thyme
- 1 t. Oregano –
- 1 t. Majoram
- 1 t. Sage
- 1 Lemon – Sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion- Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 t. Garlic Powder
- 1 t. Onion Powder
- 1/2 t. Sea Salt
- 2 t. Paprika
- 2 t. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 t. Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Place four small tin foil balls (slightly larger than a golf ball) in crock pot.
- Remove and discard Chicken insides, rinse and pat dry.
- Rub chicken with olive oil
- Stuff chicken with lemon, onion garlic and fresh herbs
- Mix Seasonings together.
- Cover the entire chicken with Rub and pat into skin.
- Truss your chicken
- Place the Chicken in the crock pot on top of foil balls.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on high.
- Remove Chicken and tent with foil for 10 min.
Be careful when taking the chicken out of the crock pot. The chicken was so perfectly cooked that it completely fell apart and off the bone. The skin won’t get very crispy and it’s not the prettiest presentation on the table but it definitely makes up for it in flavor. If you make your own Chicken Stock make sure to save the carcass after removing all the meat.
Foodie & Craft Pro