Every year for Christmas Papa Hunk makes his Herb Crusted Prime Rib and King Crab Legs. It is a feast fit for twenty people but in our case, we only need to feed four, one of which is a pescatarian. I hate to see food go to waste so over the past few years I have tried to find creative ways to use up our leftovers, see my Creamy Steak Soup Recipe or my Steak& Tortellini Soup Recipe from a few years back. This year I tried out a few new recipes to make the most out of our Christmas feast. These recipes included this Prime Pasta recipe, Steak Quesadillas, Beef & Barley Soup, and Crab Cakes.
- 16 oz Rigatoni Pasta
- 3 tbsp Butter sliced into thin pieces
- 1 bunch Asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Cocktail Tomatoes quartered
- ⅓ cup Red Onion thin slices
- 8 oz Fresh Button Mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Au Jus (leftover from your prime rib dinner)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cup Leftover Steak
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Spread asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions in a thin layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 15 minutes, until the asparagus is tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small pot simmer steak in au jus for about 8 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat until about ½ cup remains and the vinegar is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in the brown sugar and ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl. Add the butter and stir to coat. Add the balsamic and mix well until the pasta is completely coated.
- Stir in the steak, asparagus, onions, and tomatoes.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese and enjoy