Hopefully, you saved your pumpkin seeds from last weekend! This is my second-grade teacher Mrs. Goethel’s recipe. She was one of my favorite teachers I ever had and it is always nice to make this recipe and remember her. Plus this recipe is absolutely dynamite!
- 2 C. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 T. Salt
- 2 C. Water
- 3/4 C. Olive Oil
- Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
- Wash pumpkin seeds thoroughly.
- Soak overnight in 3 tablespoons salt to 2 cups water.
- Drain well, set out to dry for about 2-3 hours
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Toss seeds in oil
- Spread out on cookie sheet
- Sprinkle lightly with Lowry’s
- (single layer dries best) bake in 275°F oven until crisp and dry, about 60-70 min.
- Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.
Foodie & Craft Pro
Yum! Sounds delicious. I love that it is your 2nd grade teachers recipe, how fun & special!