Last weekend my mom and I were able to visit the Saint Paul Farmer’s Market (one of my favorite weekend activities). I made sure to stock up on brussel sprouts while I was there since the ones from my garden aren’t ready yet. I have been thinking of new ways to prepare brussel sprouts since they are one of my favorite side dishes. That evening we decided to grill burgers and instead of doing the usual potato based side I decided to make a Bacon Brussel Skewers. I can’t seem to help myself, I’ve gotten a little bit of the Minnesota State Fair Fever and have been finding ways to put all my food on a stick when possible. These are definitely going on my menu for my annual fall party with my friends. These little skewers are so tasty and great when used in a social setting.
- 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts
- 4 T. Deli Style Brown Mustard
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- 1 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 t. Garlic Salt
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 5-7 Pieces Peppered Bacon
- Blanch the brussel sprouts.
- Transfer sprouts to a cutting board and remove stems and outer leaves.
- Whisk together garlic salt, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Toss brussel sprouts in sauce and allow to marinate for 30-40 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and preheat oven to 375°F
- Stretch bacon and set aside.
- Using a metal skewer (wood works but its not as easy) weave bacon through brussel sprouts until you run out of bacon. Use one piece of bacon per skewer, try to start and finish with the bacon, This should fit about 4-5 brussel sprouts.
- Spray baking sheet with pam and place skewers side by side.
- Pour remaining marinade over the skewers.
- Cook in the oven for 45-50 minutes (or until bacon looks cooked)
- I made a little extra marinade while the skewers were cooking and brushed it on the skewers at the 30 minute mark. You might want to brush a little more on before serving as well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Foodie & Craft Pro