Now as adults we can enjoy all the cookie dough we want and then some.
These Cookie Dough Truffles take that childhood indulgence to a whole new level. These were a popular treat while I was in college and my roommates were always excited when they opened the fridge to find a big bowl of chocolate covered cookie dough balls waiting for them. This recipe is fairly easy and very fun to make with friends.
- 2 1/2 C. Flour
- 1 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Baking Soda
- 1 C. Butter (softened)
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 3/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1/3 C. Milk
- 1 C. Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 C. Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Block Paraffin Wax
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in milk and vanilla.
- At low speed start to gradually add in flour mixture until everything is combined.
- Add in mini chocolate chips until incorporated.
- roll into 1 inch (golf ball sized) balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheets into freezer for 30 min to harden.
- Melt wax over low heat in a large pot.
- Add in chocolate chips and continuously stir for about two min or until chocolate is almost completely melted (just a little lumpy)
- Remove pot from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and roll in chocolate (forks help).
- Place chocolate covered cookie dough back onto the lined cookie sheets and place into the fridge for an additional 30 min.
(store in the refrigerator in an airtight tupperware container.)
Foodie & Craft Pro