When I began planning this year’s #HunkiedorieHarvestParty I knew I wanted to step up my game and change the menu as much as I could from the previous year. I usually try to have the following in my menu:
A few weeks ago I posted my beef option, the Herb Crusted Prime Rib. My sister is the vegetarian and a few of my friends aren’t huge carnivores so I wanted a great vegetarian option that could stand alone as an entree option for those not eating meat that evening. The pasta was a great way to go, it’s filling and if you keep it simple you can really be sure to hit a home run with all of your herbivores!
Stay tuned on Hunkiedorie.net to see all the recipes from this year’s #HunkiedorieHarvestParty.
Print the Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta recipe!
- 1 Box Spaghetti
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves – minced
- 1 C. Vegetable Broth
- 1 C White Wine
- 1 C Julienned Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 T. Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 t. Italian Seasoning
- 2 T. Skim Milk
- 2 T. Heavy Cream
- 1 t. Red Pepper Flakes
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While pasta is boiling heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sun-dried tomato oil and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Don’t burn it.
- Add broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, and Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10-12 min, or until liquid is reduced.
- Remove cover and stir in milk and heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover; continue to cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain spaghetti and add to your sauce; toss together until well combined.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Inspired by: diethood.com
Foodie & Craft Pro