Any time you look at my fridge you are pretty much guaranteed to find the following items:
Bacon (probably peppered)
The only problem with this is, because I always have these things I tend to over use them so I’m always trying to avoid using them. As a result they almost go bad and I have to find a way to use them up quickly. My Hunk Hash is a perfect way to use all these ingredients for the perfect side dish.
- 6 Slices Thick Cut Peppered Bacon-diced
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts- stemmed and halved
- 1 Tray Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- ¼ C. Olive Oil
- ½ C. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Combine all ingredients (except cheese) together and layout flat on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cook in oven for about 45 min (or until bacon looks cooked)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Place contents in a bowl and toss with cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
*This recipe is pretty hearty and can be enjoyed as either a meal or a side dish!*