I was looking for a fun and semi healthy way to use my Turkey Quinoa Meatballs I made the other day and decided to try putting an Asian inspired twist on them. I loved the heat and flavor that the sauce gave the meatballs and veggies.
- 12-20 Turkey Quinoa Meatballs
- 4 Carrots (julienne)
- 1 Cup Snow Peas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (julienne)
- 1 Cup Sliced Button Mushrooms
for the sauce:
- 1/2 C. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 T, Rice Vinegar
- 2 T. Ground Ginger
- 2 T. Brown Sugar
- 2 t. Sesame Oil
- 4-6 T. Siriacha (depending on how hot you want it)
- 2 T. Low Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 t. Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 t. Cornstarch.
- Steam vegetables together then set aside.
- Combine all sauce ingredients (except for cornstarch) in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stirring often simmer for 7-10 min.
- Reduce heat and use cornstarch to create a slurry and thicken sauce.
- Add in meatballs and vegetables.
- Simmer in sauce for an additional 5 min stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.
Foodie & Craft Pro
Leave a Reply