This is my mom’s all time favorite pasta. With its nice light and zesty dressing and fresh basil accents it is the perfect side dish for any summer meal. I love being able to use my Burpee Cherry Tomatoes and fresh Basil from my garden during the summer months
- 1 C. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Butter
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 C. Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 t. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 t. Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Box Campanelle Pasta
- 1 1/2 C. Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 lb Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- Fresh Basil
- 1/3 C. (for pasta) + 1 C. (for chicken) Italian Dressing
- 2 Chicken Breasts (butterflied then diced into 1 inch cubes)
- Marinated diced chicken in 1 C. italian dressing for about an hour.
- Heat butter in a large skillet and cook chicken then set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Toss in cooked pasta and chicken.
- Add italian dressing and toss again
- Tear and add tomatoes and cheese
- Scatter with small basil leaves, and sprinkle with pepper.
inspired by: www.marthastewart.com
Foodie & Craft Pro