To celebrate National Lobster Day on June 15th I wanted to find a way to incorporate lobster into a casual dinner for my family and friends. After searching around on Pinterest a bit I found a recipe for a lobster cobb salad. The pictures looked delicious and it seemed like a realistic option. After a little bit of tweaking I came up with my own version and it was pretty good. While preparing the meal I discovered that I am not a lobster fan, a fact that apparently my whole family knew. They told me they thought it was odd that I wanted to make a lobster themed dinner since I’ve never liked lobster in the past but they didn’t want to say anything. I’m not sure how I forgot that I don’t like lobster but with this amazing salad dressing I didn’t mind it as much. Everyone else was a huge fan of the salad and it was a fun little change from our regular salad routine.
- 1 Large Bowl Boston Bibb Lettuce
- 2 C. Sherry Roasted Mushrooms
- 1 C. Corn
- 1 C. Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 6 Slices Peppered Bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs (sliced)
For the Lobster:
- 3 Lobster Tails
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 2 T. Italian Seasoning
For the dressing:
- 1 C. Olive Oil
- 2 T. Sherry Vinegar
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- 1 t. Dijon Mustard
- 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 3 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste
- Prepare salad dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover dressing and put in fridge to combine flavors.
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full with water.
- Add bay leaves, lemon juice and Italian seasoning to pot and bring to a boil.
- place a fine mesh screen (or colander) over the top of the pot.
- Place lobster tails shell up on the screen and cover.
- Steam for about 8-10 min (no peaking!)
- Remove lobster tails and set aside to cool.
- Shell the tails and chop meat into bite size pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Serve all ingredients á la carte so people can pick and choose how they want their salad.
inspired by: www.the36thavenue.com & kitchenconfidante.com