Friday nights my family usually orders pizza from the local shop down the street. And although I love their pizza I wasn’t wanting the typical Friday night grease. It was just me and Dad this Friday and he starting hinting that it was time to order pizza. I told him this week we were skipping the usual and I would make something for us. Since we are going through the kitchen remodel I am trying to use up as much of our groceries as possible so when we move into the new cabinets we aren’t transferring so much stuff. We didn’t have much to use that I could plan a recipe along. I knew I was craving chicken and asparagus and we had tons of pasta we needed to finish using. My dad must have mentioned the pasta we ended up having about half a dozen times to people that night. When asked what it was I simply answered “I just threw a bunch of crap in a pan…” So this is my best attempt at remembering what I did. Basically all I did was throw a bunch of my favorite ingredients together and hope for the best.
(*=Optional is vegetarian)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cut into strips)*
- 1 (6 oz.) Can Sliced Mushrooms (strained)
- 1/2 Jar (about 3 T,) Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes In Oil
- 2 Large Handfuls Vermicelli Noodles (snapped in half)
- 1 Lemon Garlic Asparagus (ingredients not included in this list follow link for info.)
- 1/2 C. Brianna’s Champagne Caper Vinaigrette
- 1/4 C. Lemon Juice
- 1/8 C. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Cornstarch
I would recommend adding Artichoke hearts as well
- Heat grill on high heat for about 10 min while you get your toppings mixture ready.
- In a large flat baking dish whisk together the vinaigrette, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken breasts and mushrooms- now that I look back artichoke hearts would be delicious in here too!
- Stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are coated.
- Reduce heat on grill to low.
- Cook Lemon Garlic Asparagus according to recipe.
- Place cooking dish on the grill and cover. Cook for about 10 min.
- Cook noodles al dente according to package instructions.
- After 10 min of cooking whisk in cornstarch to pasta topping, then continue to cook for an additional 5 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Dice up asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Combine asparagus and pasta in a large bowl.
- Pour pasta topping mixture (sauce and all) over the pasta and toss until coated.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
Foodie & Craft Pro
Omg that looks fantastic
This sounds so amazing. It needs a better name than “Crap in a Pan” haha! I might give this a go this weekend 🙂
April | mynameisapril.org
Looks delicious! Not ‘crap’py at all!! You should definitely change the name 🙂 🙂
Your blog title made me laugh out loud!! I never thought crap in a pan would look so appetizing 🙂