Made from scratch caramel? Check! Sweet Milk Chocolate? Check! Salty Pretzel Rods? Check! Honestly, I can’t think of a more perfect trio. I am going through a sweet and salty phase this year and these chocolate dipped pretzel rods were the perfect way to fit all of my cravings. I got the whole family involved in making these, not only did we have a blast but I think they turned out as this year’s favorite new recipe!
- 1 Bag Pretzel Rods
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Block Paraffin Wax (divided into two halves)
- ¼ C. Butter
- ½ C. White Sugar
- ½ C. Brown Sugar
- ½ C. Light Corn Syrup (Karo brand is best)
- ¼ t. Kosher Salt
- ½ C. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Line two large sheets/pans with parchment paper.
- Make your Caramel
a. Combine butter, white & brown sugar, corn syrup, salt & sweetened condensed
milk in a large microwave-safe bowl (the mixture will bubble up so make sure there
is lots of room in the bowl).
b. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds.
- Pour your caramel mixture into a tall glass (if your working in a group there should be plenty of sauce to fill a couple cups).
- Dip each pretzel rod ⅔ of the way to cover in caramel.
- Place on parchment paper to cool.
- As the caramel cools you may need to roll the rods between your hands to mold the caramel, mine started to slide and settle on the parchment paper.
- Once the caramel is hardened, melt the milk chocolate chips and 1/2 block of paraffin wax on low heat in a small saucepan stirring constantly until smooth.
- Divide your chocolate sauce into a couple tall glasses.
- Dip the caramel-coated pretzels into the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate and remaining 1/2 block of paraffin the same way you did the milk chocolate.
- Use a fork to splatter/ drizzle your white chocolate all over the pretzel rods.
- Enjoy! These make a great treat for parties and cookie swaps so get creative with your packaging!