Here is another attempt at pork tenderloin. My boyfriend’s family was out of town so we were house sitting and I had the opportunity to use his mother’s amazing kitchen. It will be hard going back to the basic oven we have in the apartment after this weekend. This recipe takes comfort food to a whole new level. the combination of tender pork, savory mushroom gravy and creamy mashed potatoes is enough to send anyone into the most serious dinner coma of all time.
- 2.5 lbs. Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Can Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 T. Flour
- 1 t. Pepper
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 2 C. Hot Water
- 1 C. Sliced Button Mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim as much of the fat off as you can.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Roll Tenderloin in flour and coat well.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Brown the tenderloin on all sides.
- Mix the soups and mushrooms together with the hot water.
- Add the soups slowly to the roast allowing the onion pieces to rest on the top of the tenderloin as much as possible.
- Cover and bake in the over for 1 hr 15 min.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
Inspired by: www.food.com
Foodie & Craft Pro