Every year for Christmas Papa Hunk makes his Herb Crusted Prime Rib and King Crab Legs. It is a feast fit for twenty people but in our case, we only need to feed four, one of which is a pescatarian. I hate to see food go to waste so over the past few years I have tried to find creative ways to use up our leftovers, see my Creamy Steak Soup Recipe or my Steak& Tortellini Soup Recipe from a few years back. This year I tried out a few new recipes to make the most out of our Christmas feast. These recipes included Prime Pasta, Steak Quesadillas, Beef & Barley Soup, and Crab Cakes. Last week I posted my Prime Pasta recipe, now it is time to share these super simple quesadillas.
- 2 cups steak leftovers diced into small cubes
- 2 cups bell pepper slices
- 2 cups spicy pico de gallo
- 8 oz sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tortillas
- Heat large skillet or griddle on medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a flour tortilla on pan, top with 1/4 of each ingredient then top with a tortilla
- Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Flip quesadilla, cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool, slice and serve.