Carl’s White Chili is a creamy and delicious way to spice up any chilly evening. It was a fan favorite in college. My friend Danielle would make weekly requests for this every fall. Its such a great meal to eat curled up on the couch with a blanket and some friends.
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 C. (2 cans) Navy Beans
- 2 C. Great Northern Beans
- 6 C. Chicken Broth
- One 4 oz. cans Chopped Green Chilies
- One 4 oz. Can Chopped Jalapenos
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 5-8 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 T. Fresh Oregano
- 2 t. White pepper
- 2 t. Cumin
- 1 t. Cayenne pepper
- 3 T. Olive oil
- 1 C. Sour cream
- 3 C. Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Chop chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl combine oregano, white pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. In another bowl combine garlic and onion.
- Add chicken in dried seasoning mixture, coat well. Add both bowls to heated olive oil and cook for about 7-10 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Simmer above chicken mixture with chicken broth, jalapenos & chilies for approximately 30-45 minutes in crock-pot.
- Taste and re-season as needed. (for more heat add another t. white pepper.)
- Add beans and simmer another 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add sour cream and Monterrey Jack cheese and stir mixture until cheese has melted and blended with sour cream
- Serve with toasted garlic bread or oyster crackers
Foodie & Craft Pro