My mom’s Easter Bunny Cake is a childhood tradition that has carried on into adulthood with my sister and I. Easter day wouldn’t be complete without Zoe and I arguing over the correct decorating pattern, which even at 20 and 24 we are still sent to a time out before we can continue. Somehow we make our way through the decorating process (whether wrong or right) and it becomes the perfect finish to our Easter Dinner meal.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Cake Mix (any flavor-we use dark chocolate)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- Frosting (I make mine from scratch, but store-bought will work just fine)
- 1 Stick Butter
- 4 T. Milk
- 1 Small Bag Powdered Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla
- Two packages milk chocolate M&M’s (we like to use the pastel colors)
- Make cake according to box instructions (two 8” rounds)
- Allow cake to cool for 30 min before cutting
- If you are making your own frosting make while the cake is cooling (just combine all frosting ingredients in a mixer until fluffy)
- Cut one cake like a baseball creating the ears and bow-tie leaving the second cake for the face.
- Arrange the cake and frost.
- Decorate with M&M’s and try not to fight too much over the correct decorating technique 🙂
(Don’t forget to store cake covered so it won’t dry out!)
Foodie & Craft Pro