This recipe combines three of my favorite things, lemon; pasta; and cheese. This is my version of a grown up herb mac n’ cheese. The first time I made this I rushed the recipe and ended up with crunchy orzo (yuck) be patient and the results are well worth it.
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Butter
- 2 C. Orzo Pasta
- 1 Large Clove Garlic-minced (about 2 t.)
- 1 1/2 C. Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1 T. Fresh Thyme Leaves-minced
- 2-3 T. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 C. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 t. Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Melt oil and butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Pour orzo into pot and cook while stirring until it begins to toast (about two min).
- Stir in minced garlic and stir for about one min or until incorporated.
- Stir in chicken broth, increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook until orzo reached desired tenderness and most of the liquid has been absorbed (about 8-10 min).
- Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese, fresh thyme lemon juice salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
(I have found adding fresh vegetables such as mushrooms, asparagus or peas have fantastic results.)
inspired by: lovegrowswild.com
Foodie & Craft Pro
Leave a Reply