I have read so many recipes about making a roast style chicken in the crockpot before but have always been slightly skeptical about trying it. It’s hard to mess with a classic. The other night I came home from work to find my Mom on a mission to try this easy take on an old family favorite. I was pleasantly surprised and I think this may have been one of the best Pinterest meals we have tried so far. Not only is this recipe unbelievably easy but packed with so much flavor that you won’t be able to put your fork down.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 T. Paprika
- 4 T. Steak Seasoning ( I did 6 T.- 3 T. of two different kinds of Steak Seasoning)
- Place four small tin foil balls (slightly larger than a golf ball) in the crockpot.
- Remove and discard chicken insides, rinse and pat dry.
- Mix Paprika and Seasoning(s) together.
- Cover the entire Chicken with Rub and pat into skin.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot on top of foil balls.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours on high.
- Remove Chicken and tent with foil for 10 min.
Be careful when taking the chicken out of the crockpot. The chicken was so perfectly cooked that it completely fell apart and off the bone. The skin won’t get very crispy and it’s not the prettiest presentation on the table but it definitely makes up for it in flavor.