This is probably my favorite recipe during the 25 Days of Baking. I am a sucker for dark chocolate and mint. The fact that I get both in one recipe is a sure fire way to happiness. I copied this recipe directly off the back of the Hershey’s Kisses Brand Mint Truffles in Dark Chocolate package. Its important that you do not skip the refrigeration step otherwise this will be a messy pain in the butt to distribute into the baking cups.
- 48 Hersheys Kisses Brand Mint Truffles in Dark Chocolate
- 2/3 C. Butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 C. Sugar
- 1 T Water
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C. Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa or Hersheys Cocoa
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 48 small muffin cups with paper or foil baking cups.
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, water, and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs. Beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- If necessary, refrigerate dough until firm enough to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place in prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until cookie surface is set.
- Cookies will appear soft and moist. Do not overbake.
- Cool about 5 minutes on wire rack. Press chocolate piece into surface of each cookie cup.
Foodie & Craft Pro