Growing up my mom had Sunday Roast every week, a tradition she carried on when she had a family of her own. Although we don’t have a roast every Sunday we do fit it in about two or three times a month. A few years ago when our oven was on the fritz we had to get creative about how we could make our roast. After searching Pinterest I found a Crock-Pot recipe which seemed simple enough and had great reviews. After the first bite we never even considered making our roast the old way ever again. This new recipe was so packed with flavor and left the meat juicy and tender, it was absolute perfection.
- 1 three-four lb. Beef Roast
- 1 packet Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 C. Sliced Carrots
- 3 C. Quartered Potatoes
- 2 C. Halved Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 C. Water
- 1/2 C. Beef Broth
- Corn Starch
- Place roast in crock-pot.
- Combine Italian, Ranch and Gravy mix with Worcestershire sauce 1/2 cup water.
- Pour sauce mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 7 hours
- At 4.5 hours add potatoes carrots and mushrooms.
- Remove meat and veggies from the crock-pot and plate them.
- Cover plate with foil and set aside.
- Add 1/2 C. water and 1/2 C. beef broth into crock-pot and whisk together.
- Pour contents of crock-pot into a large saucepan.
- Reserve 1 C. crock-pot juice to make a slurry.
- Whisk the slurry into saucepan continues whisking over low heat until your gravy thickens.
inspired by: www.food.com