Snicker-doodles get a very mixed review in my household. My mother has never been a fan of these so I grew up without them. The first time I tried these tasty little guys was in 7th grade Home-Ec. class. One one of our first days working in the kitchen we made these cookies and I couldn’t believe I had been missing out on something so wonderful. Since then I have worked on making several different variations of sinicker-doodle treats, but these are such a wonderful classic cookie you can’t go wrong (no matter what my mom says).
- 1 C. Butter
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 3/4 C. Flour
- 2 t. Cream of Tartar
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 3 t. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough for about 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
- Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
Foodie & Craft Pro