With everything that’s been going on lately, I know I can’t be the only one baking my feelings away, so I thought I would share one of my latest treats that I baked up. I recently received a new KitchenAid Mixer at one of my wedding showers, so that was a nice piece of extra motivation! And, to top it all off, I have the cutest baking assistants, but I might be a little bias.
I decided to go with a recipe from Tablespoon.com. I honestly choose this recipe because I already had all the ingredients, meaning there were no unnecessary trips out of the house. My fiance is a first responder, which means I am always trying to do my part to keep him healthy and also not pass on anything that he brings home. I know these are trying times, and there are some days that are a lot harder than others, but staying busy has been a lifesaver for me. Lately, this means that we are never without fresh-baked treats in our house since the stay-at-home order has been issued.
Now onto the real reason for this post, the baking! I will definitely be making this again! This cake is so delicious and easy. It is perfect for all my family members who don’t love frosting nearly as much as I do.
Here are my quick tips and tricks and things I did differently when I made this recipe:
- Fill the bunt pan 2/3 full with the chocolate batter, then put in the cream cheese filling, swirl, then top it off with the remaining batter. When I made this I put all of the chocolate batter in and then the cream cheese filling.
- Sift your dry ingredients – I know it’s a pain but it makes for a much smoother batter with fewer air bubbles.
- After you mix up the cream cheese filling put it into the refrigerator until you are ready to put it in the bundt pan.
- For the chocolate drizzle over top, put a Ziploc bag in a cup, fill, zip it up, and snip one corner when you’re ready to begin topping the cake.
Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Bundt Cake
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 3 tsp Milk
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat your oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- Create cream cheese filling: In a small bowl, beat 6 oz cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 egg until smooth; refridgerate.
- Make cake batter: In a large bowl, beat cake mix, ¼ cup flour, the water, oil and 2 eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, then stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Fill the bunt pan ⅔ full with the chocolate batter. Then layer on the cream cheese filling. Swirl the filling by running a table knife through batter in a large zigzag pattern once around pan. Once you have done this, finish with a final layer of the remaining batter chocolate batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow the pan to cool for about 10 minutes, then turn the pan upside down onto cooling rack and remove the cake from the pan. Allow the cake to cool completely for about 1 hour.
- Make topping: In a small bowl, beat 2 oz cream cheese and 2 teaspoons milk using whisk. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. If too thick, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. Spoon icing over cake.
- Make Chocolate Drizzle: In a small glass bowl, microwave whipping cream uncovered on high for 30 seconds or until cream just begins to simmer. Add ½ cup mini chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Place a small Ziploc bag in a cup and pour in the sauce. Snip one corner when you’re ready to begin topping the cake and drizzle over white icing.
Author for the Hunkiedorië team and sharing my experiences with you all! Some of my favorite things include traveling, adventures with my two dogs, craft beer, cupcakes, and time with family and friends. I love getting out and trying new things whether that is a new restaurant, workout, recipe or a new business.