I love trying old family classics now that I am an adult and am not scared off by vegetables and many other things I was convinced I hated as a child. Last flu season my mother thought she would try reintroducing this recipe back into the family and was greeted with rave reviews. Now any time anyone gets the slightest sniffle or feels a bit of a chill we all are demanding this magical hearty bowl of deliciousness. I have put a little twist on the recipe by dousing my bowl with shredded cheese and Worcestershire for a wonderful creamy smokey flavor .
- 1 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 C. Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 46 fl. oz. Spicy V8 Juice
- 8 oz. Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 8 oz. Frozen French Cut Green Beans
- 8 oz. Frozen Corn
- 8 oz. Frozen Mukimame (shelled soy beans)
- 1 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 Packet Swanson Beef Flavor Boost
- 1/2 Package Cole Slaw Mix
- In Dutch oven brown ground beef with onions then drain fat
- Pour in V-8 Juice, chicken broth and flavor boost, bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and bring back to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 30 min or until veggies are tender.
I like to eat mine with shredded cheese and Worcestershire.
Foodie & Craft Pro