A few weeks back I was at Bonefish and tried Bang Bang Shrimp for the first time. Now I can see what all the fuss is about. As someone who tries to stay away from shrimp I fell in love instantly. The next week it was my turn to host girls night at my place so I decided to make my own version of Bang Bang Shrimp and it was a huge success. The result was a very different flavor and texture but it was equally amazing!
- 1 lb. Shrimp deveined without shell
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Juiced Lemon
- 1 C. Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 t. Italian Seasoning
- 4 T. Butter (diced)
- 1/3 C. Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 1/2 C. Mayonnaise
- 1 T. Sriracha
- 2 T. Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 t. Rice Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, olive oil, italian seasoning, onion, garlic and lemon juice.
- Pour contents of bowl onto a cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer so shrimp isn’t stacked.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the shrimp.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 15 min.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 min until they are nice and pink.
- Remove shrimp from sheet with tongs and lay out in a bowl or plate for serving. (it helps to serve with toothpicks for large groups)
- In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for the sauce until smooth and serve along with shrimp.
inspired by: www.food.com
Foodie & Craft Pro