The other night I made dinner for my friends to celebrate their engagement while they packed up their townhome to move into their first house together. My friend Lainie is celiac so I always love the challenge of trying to find friendly recipes that she can eat and everyone else can enjoy. I made her my Easy Oven Fajitas and they were a huge hit. A few days later I was still craving mexican food and decided to see if I could convert my fajita recipe into a salad recipe.
Ingredients: (optional if you have diet restrictions)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/3 C. Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Large Bowl Chopped Bibb Lettuce
- 2 C. Corn (I use corn that I froze from the farmers market)
- 1 (4 oz.) Can Diced Jalapeños
- 1 (8 oz.) Can Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Carton Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 1/2 C. Colby Jack Shredded Cheese*
- 2 C. Guacamole
- 1 Package Fajita Seasoning
- 1 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 2 lbs. Steak Pieces (pre-cut for stir fry)*
- Preheat grill on high heat
- In a large bowl combine topping mixture: all four peppers, red onions, olives, corn and steak.
- Toss with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with fajita seasoning and stir slightly to coat.
- Pour topping mixture out on a flat baking sheet.
- Reduce grill heat to low.
- Place baking sheet on grill and cover.
- Grill for about 10-15 min. or until steak pieces are cooked.
- Remove toppings from grill and place in a bowl for serving.
- Serve salad with all toppings separate so people can build their own.
- Salads can be topped with guacamole, tomatoes, cheese and tortilla strips.
- Tastes great with Hidden Valley Fiesta Salsa Ranch Dressing.
Foodie & Craft Pro