When I first thought about taking up clean eating I wasn’t sure it was for me. I thought I would have to give up on my long time love affair with pasta. I was overjoyed when I did a little bit of research and discovered nothing could be further from the truth. I could still have all the pasta I wanted as long as I went about it the right way. This recipe was my fist attempt at clean eating pasta and it was a huge success. It even gained the approval of my skeptical boyfriend. I added red pepper flakes to my sauce to give it a little heat but it would taste just as good without.
- 20 oz. Ground Turkey
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 t. Italian Seasoning
- 1 t. Garlic Powder
- 1 t. Onion Powder
- 1 t. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 t. Honey
- 1 Can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 Box Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 C. Fresh Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 C. Fresh Grated Mozzarella
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan.
- Cook onion and garlic over medium low heat until tender.
- Add in turkey and brown.
- Remove meat from heat and strain.
- Cook noodles according to box instructions.
- Return empty pan to stove and heat tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, honey, pepper flakes, Italian seasoning & balsamic vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Stir turkey into the sauce and continue to simmer covered for 5 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine noodles and sauce in a large baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 30 min.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 10 min
Foodie & Craft Pro