This was my first attempt at making homemade mac & cheese. Unfortunately I thought it turned out really gritty and was unimpressed. Mac & cheese is one of my favorite foods so I am determined to find the perfect recipe. Although this recipe was okay and I would suggest it to other people ( I made adjustments to the posted recipe to correct the flaws in the batch I made) I probably won’t make this again. It was a fun first attempt and a lot easier to make than I expected it to be.
- 1 Box Elbow Pasta
- 1 Pack Peppered Bacon (diced)
- 2 C. Heavy Cream
- 3 C. Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 C. Jack Cheese (grated)
- 1 C. Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 C. Diced Yellow Onion
- 2 T. Butter
- 1 T. Flour
- 2 t. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 t. Paprika
- 1 t. Black Pepper
- 1 t. Garlic Salt
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook pasta according to box directions and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook bacon then set aside on a paper towel lined plate to cool and drain access grease. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- In a dutch oven heat olive oil butter and bacon grease over medium low heat.
- Add onions to dutch oven and cook until translucent (about 5 min).
- Whisk in flour and seasonings.
- Whisk in heavy cream and cheese one cup at a time. Make sure to stir cheese until melted and smooth before adding more.
- Season to taste if needed.
- Fold in pasta and bacon.
inspired by: creolecontessa.blogspot.com
Foodie & Craft Pro