This year for Father’s Day the family and I decked out my dad’s new grill with tools (since he melted all his old ones to the grill by accident this spring), gadgets and a variety of rubs. Among some of my favorite gifts were a Chicken Roaster and a Chili-Lime Rub. I used these to make a great beer can chicken the other night, its a classic grill favorite that everyone should try!
- One 4-5 lbs. Whole Chicken (giblets removed)
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 1 Bottle Bud Light Lime (or any beer)
- 5 Red Potatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (woody ends removed)
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 1/4 Red Onion (diced)
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 3 T. Chili-Lime Rub
- Prepare grill for indirect heat over medium-high heat.
- Rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry.
- Brush chicken with two tablespoons olive oil.
- Rub with Chili-Lime Rub
- Fill center piece of Chicken Roaster with beer. Or place beer can in center cavity of chicken.
- Place the chicken on roaster, with legs pointing down.
- Toss potatoes, asparagus, onions and lemon slices in olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place veggie combo minus the asparagus in roaster around chicken.
- Place on grill away from heat for 60 min.
- Add asparagus and grill another 10 min.
Foodie & Craft Pro