My college roommate Lexie got me hooked on chili. I had never been a huge chili fan before but I could not get enough of her moms recipe. After begging her for weeks she finally got me a copy. After making a few of my own tweaks I have achieved perfection.
- 1 lb Hamburger
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Can Light Red Beans
- 2 Cans Dark Red Beans
- 2 Cans Northern Beans
- 2 Small Cans Tomato Paste
- 2 Cans Stewed Tomatoes
- Two 15oz. Cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 1/2 t. Cumin
- 2 1/2 T. Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 t. Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 t. Oregano
- 2 t. Paprika
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add salt/pepper, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Mix in stewed tomatoes and mash with a potato masher.
- Mix in tomato paste & sauce.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
- Add oregano, paprika and beans.
- Simmer in a large pot for one hour stirring occasionally.
- Serve with worcestershire sauce and shredded cheese (Lexi liked hers with Fritos)