It turns out 2020 wasn’t a total lost. We tested a new recipe at Hunkërdown last weekend and it may be the best thing this terrible year has produced! I should preface this with the fact that I LOTHE ENTIRELY the use of fruit in anything. Fruit is fine on its own stop mixing it with other things…That being said holy cow, these cookies changed my whole attitude towards fruit recipes. These thumbprint cookies used a cranberry orange jam from a bog here in town, topped with a cinnamon glaze these cookies didn’t last through the night, we couldn’t stop sneaking these delightful treats.
Hunkërdown Holiday Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Cranberry-Orange Jam you can use any jam, this just happens to be my favorite for this recipe
- Sugar for sprinkling
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Using an electric mixer beat butter medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add
- Add ⅔ cup granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon almond extract. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with electric mixer and then using a spatula stir in any remaining flour.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place balls 2 inches apart onto foil lined cookie sheets.
- Using your thumb, press an indentation into the center of each ball.
- Spoon about ½-1 teaspoon of the jam filling each indentation and then sprinkle with sugar
- Bake about 10-16 minutes or until edges are light gold.
- Cool on cookie sheets
- While your cookies are cooling make your icing. In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon water. Add enough of the remaining water to make a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cookies with icing and allow to set up for about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Foodie & Craft Pro