The drop in temperatures has gotten me, like many others in the baking mood. To beat the grey and gloomies I have been feeling the past few weeks, my sister Zoë and my friend Alicia came over for a baking day. I was inspired by a Pinterest recipe I found by practicallyhomemade.com, and decided to give it my own twist. The result was this beautiful bundt packed with gooey goodness that didn’t last more than four hours, a total crowd pleaser!
Apple Pecan Upside Down Cake
- ½ Cup Salted Butter melted
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar packed
- ¼ Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Pecans chopped
- 3 Apples
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray your bundt pan by liberally with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt into a medium bowl and whisk until the brown sugar is slightly dissolved.
- Add in pecans and stir until combined.
- Pour your topping mixture into the bottom of your prepped bundt pan and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water and sour cream in a large bowl and mix according to package directions. P
- Peel, core and dice your apples into very small pieces
- Add your apple to the batter and fold in
- Pour batter into prepared pan and on top of the pecan topping. Be sure to spread into an even layer
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes run a knife around the edges of the cake. Then invert your Pecan Upside Down Bundt Cake onto a cake plate and cool completely.
Foodie & Craft Pro