Buckeyes have been one of my family’s Christmas traditions for as long as I can remember. I don’t think I would be allowed to open presents Christmas morning if Dad hadn’t gotten his fix at some point in during the Christmas season. This is also my favorite Christmas cookie. After introducing them to many of my friends they can’t wait for my yearly Christmas Cookie Night when we get together and make our favorites treats together.
Print the Buckeyes recipe here!
- 3/4 Paraffin Wax
- 1.5 Bags Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Stick Softened Butter
- 1/2 Bag Powdered Sugar
- 1 Small Jar Peanut Butter
- Mix peanut butter and butter in a mixer until creamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.
- Roll into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate peanut butter balls for 30 min.
- In a small pot melt wax then add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate sauce leaving a small piece of peanut butter showing at the top and place back on cookie sheet.
- Set the chocolate aside and refrigerate buckeyes until the chocolate shell has hardened.
- Remelt chocolate and dip buckeyes a second time.
- Refrigerate overnight to set up.
- Serve and enjoy!