- 2 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
- 2 T. Corn Syrup
- 2 T. water
- 1 t. peppermint extract
- 1 T. shortening
- 12 oz. Dark Chocolate Chips
- 6 Candy Canes (crushed)
- In your mixer combine the powdered sugar, corn syrup, water, peppermint extract and shortening until just combines and smooth.
- While the ingredients are mixing together start melting your chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Remove the filling from the mixer and kneed until smooth (this is where have a biscuit making southern rooted dad-aka my kitchen minion- comes in handy)
- roll your filling to about a foot long and an inch round tube and wrap in parchment paper.
- refrigerate for about 10 min to firm up.
- Cut firm filling into 1/2 inch disks and dip in your melted chocolate.
- Set chocolate covered patties onto a wax paper lined platter or baking sheet.
- Sprinkle immediately with crushed candy canes (it helps if you do a little assembly line with your kitchen minion).
- Once all patties have been dipped and sprinkled place into your fridge for about 30 min to allow them to set up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Make sure to keep them stored in your fridge or they will melt.
Foodie & Craft Pro