Kebabs, or as I call them babs (say bob in a Boston accent…), are one of my favorite summer meals. With summer officially over I wanted to have one more kebab dinner before closing up the grill for the season. I decided to try something different with my kebabs this time. I had recently read somewhere that the trick to the perfect kebab meal is to skewer each ingredient on its own. i.e.: onions with onions, peppers with peppers, chicken with chicken (you get the idea). I’m not sure if this made a huge difference but it went a lot faster not worrying about getting the right ratio of ingredients on each skewer.
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (cored and diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cored and diced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (cored and diced)
- 1 1/2 C. Mushrooms
- 1 Red Onion (large chop)
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (butterflied then diced into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 C. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 C. Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 T. Szechuan Sauce
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- 1 T. Worcestershire
- 1 T. Hoisin Sauce
- Brown Rice (4 servings)
- 2 C. Garlicky Tang Bang Sauce
- Whisk together soy, teriyaki, szechuan, hoisin, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Marinade chicken pieces for about 45 minutes while you cut up the veggies.
- Skewer each ingredient on its own skewer.
- Preheat grill with medium flame and coat with cooking spray.
- Grill kebabs until cooked, make sure to get a pretty char on them!
- Remove ingredients from skewers and combine in a large serving dish.
- Serve babs over brown rice topped with Garlicky Tang Bang Sauce and enjoy
- this recipe is also great with shrimp
Foodie & Craft Pro
Omg, I should not be allowed to look at your blog when I’m hungry!
Garlicky Tang Bang Sauce | hunkiedorie
[…] sauce for seafood and chicken on the grill in the summer time such as Garlicky Bang Tang Shrimp or Chicken Babs. But I have gotten in the habit of keeping an old ketchup bottle filled with this stuff so I have […]