With my Salsa Garden in full swing I have been trying to find new ways to use the bowls filled with peppers I have scattered throughout my kitchen. Last night I made an amazing Oven Roasted Salsa, Salsa Fried Chicken with Corn and Jalapeño Corn Muffins. I am definitely a flavor over heat kind of person so I was very nervous how these things would turn out since I was making them up as I went. Luckily everything was delicious and I am very excited to share these recipes with you.
- 1 Box Famous Dave’s Cornbread Mix
- 1/3 C. Milk
- 1/3 C. Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Slices Peppered Bacon (cooked)
- 2 Jalapeños (diced very very small)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Whisk together cornbread mix, water, milk and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in your jalapeños, bacon and cheese.
- Grease your muffin tin (this recipe makes about 12 regular sized muffins)
- Fill each muffin form 1/2 full.
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Run a knife along the edges of each muffin to pop out of the tin.
- Serve and enjoy!
These muffins are the perfect balance between sweet and savory and are a great addition to any Tex-Mex style dinner.
Foodie & Craft Pro
This sounds so good!! And I like the idea of making the cornbread into muffins – I’ll have to try this!
Oven Roasted Salsa | hunkiedorie
[…] things in the kitchen. Monday night I made Oven Roasted Salsa, Cheesy Chicken with Corn and Jalapeño Corn Muffins. After bringing in a fresh batch of Bell Peppers, Jalapeños and Tomatoes from my Salsa Garden I […]
Salsa Fried Chicken | hunkiedorie
[…] night at Hunk House. I made an amazing Oven Roasted Salsa, Salsa Fried Chicken with Corn and Jalapeño Corn Muffins in an attempt to use up the large volumes of peppers and tomatoes from my Salsa Garden. Everything […]