With my Salsa Garden in full swing I have been trying to find new ways to use the bowls filled with peppers I have scattered throughout my kitchen. Last night I made an amazing Oven Roasted Salsa, Salsa Fried Chicken with Corn and Jalapeño Corn Muffins. I am definitely a flavor over heat kind of person so I was very nervous how these things would turn out since I was making them up as I went. Luckily everything was delicious and I am very excited to share these recipes with you.
- 1 Box Famous Dave’s Cornbread Mix
- 1/3 C. Milk
- 1/3 C. Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Slices Peppered Bacon (cooked)
- 2 Jalapeños (diced very very small)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Whisk together cornbread mix, water, milk and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in your jalapeños, bacon and cheese.
- Grease your muffin tin (this recipe makes about 12 regular sized muffins)
- Fill each muffin form 1/2 full.
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Run a knife along the edges of each muffin to pop out of the tin.
- Serve and enjoy!
These muffins are the perfect balance between sweet and savory and are a great addition to any Tex-Mex style dinner.
Foodie & Craft Pro