I’m always trying to put a new twist on an old favorite during busy weeknights. This Cajun Chicken Alfredo is one of my most resent experiments and was a huge hit with my boyfriend. I think this is probably his favorite recipe so far. The bigger the pan the better, I actually ended up using my wok and still filled the pan.
- 1 box Linguine Noodles
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 Jar Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Bunch Asparagus Tips
- 6 oz. Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- 1/3 C. Milk
- 1 T. (For Breading)
- 3 t. Cajun Seasoning
- Combine Flour with about 1 T. Cajun seasoning.
- Toss Chicken in flour mixture until fully coated.
- Steam Asparagus until tender and set aside.
- Heat Oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook Chicken until golden brown.
- Boil Noodles according to box directions.
- Add Peppers to skillet and let cook for about 7 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add in Peas and Mushrooms, sprinkle with 1/2 t. Cajun Seasoning and cook for additional 3 min. stirring occasionally.
- Add Noodles to skillet and stir in sauce.
- Stir in 2 1/2 t. Cajun Seasoning and Milk.
- Cook for an additional 7 min stirring often.
- Toss in asparagus and serve (I like mine sprinkled with fresh Parmesan Cheese)
Foodie & Craft Pro