This is a newer recipe for me. After seeing many similar postings on Pinterest I decided to give these a try. They are a fun and festive new addition to my 25 Days of Baking Christmas cookie tradition.
- 12 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
- 12 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil divided
- ½ tsp Peppermint Extract divided
- 2 Candy Canes crushed to a powder
- 2 Candy Canes crushed larger chunks
- Melt milk chocolate chips, 1 t. vegetable oil and 1/4 t. peppermint extract together in a small pot over low heat stirring continuously until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over a wax lined cookie sheet and sprinkle half the crushed candy cane powder over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 min
- Repeat the melting process with white chocolate and pour over hardened milk chocolate
- Sprinkle with the remaining candy cane powder
- Sprinkle with larger candy cane pieces
- Place back into the refrigerator for an additional 30 min
- Remove from fridge and break up into smaller pieces using a kitchen mallet/meat tenderizer until you achieve the sizes you would like
- Store at room temperature in an airtight tupperware container
Foodie & Craft Pro