Hi everyone! I am so excited to be back with Hunkiedorië today, and even more excited to share a fun holiday craft I did this last week with all of you. I am loving what these dried oranges are doing for my home right now holiday décor-wise, but scent-wise as well! The best part? They are inexpensive and easy to make!
What you’ll need
- Several Navel Oranges
- A Cutting Board
- A Sharp Knife
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Twine/ Fishing Wire / Ornament Hooks
- Beads or Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper
- Slice your oranges ¼-inch thick (nut side), so that the core is always centered.
- Lay orange slices individually flat on your parchment paper
- Bake oranges in the oven at 250°F for roughly 5-6 hours
- Depending on how thin you sliced you may want to start watching your oranges around the 4th hour. When they are turning brown you’ll know they are ready.
- Let dry for an hour.
- After the oranges have air dried I like to go in and pat them dry with a paper towel – just to help soak up any excess moisture.
Now that you have a gorgeous arrangement of oranges it’s time to decide how you want to display them. Leave them in a bowl with a pretty towel draping over the side. String your oranges on twine or fishing wire and display as a garland or hook with hanging wire or twine and hang them on the tree. For a more personal touch you can add wooden beads or dried cranberries. The options really are endless.
I am seriously loving having mine throughout the main level of my home. These are so fun in the kitchen but adding them to my tree and wreathes really make the entire level very cohesive.
Stay tuned, soon I will be sharing how I displayed them and more when I come back to share my next seasonal décor tour! Yayy! Thanks for reading.
Hey there, I’m Cassie! 29 years old, MN suburban wife, mommy & lover of all things dreamy. I am just your everyday mom, balancing work & home life here in the Twin Cities. My passions lie in my home, where my goal is to create a beautiful space where I can make colorful memories with my children. I hope to bring readers home décor inspiration, DIY’s, REAL mom reviews, and dive into all of those #momlife topics that we all love to discuss over a play date.
Christmas Décor with Cassie at Home – Hunkiedorië
[…] different- mixing in dried oranges for the first time. I added them to our greenery you can find my DIY HERE. This added color and I even went ahead and added it to my Thanksgiving tablescape to tie in with […]