Autumn has come and with that is a whole new opportunity for meals smothered in gravy, cheese and everything warm and wonderful. I really kicked off the comfort food season right last weekend while my grandparents were in town visiting. One of my favorite meals I made over the weekend was a steak and tortellini soup. It had a little spice, a little creaminess and a whole lot of flavor.
- 1½ C. Flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 t. Italian Seasoning
- 1-2 lbs. Stew Meat
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Bacon Grease
- 8 oz. Fresh Cremini Mushrooms
- 4 C. Chicken Broth
- 3 C. (1 Jar) Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce
- 1½ C. (½ a jar) Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Cloves Garlic-minced
- 1½ Shallots-minced
- 1 t. Herbs de Provence
- 1 T. Hoisin Sauce
- 1 t. Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 T. Soy Sauce
- 3 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 T. Steak Sauce
- 16 oz. Cheese Tortellini
- In a large Tupperware container combine flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat olive oil and bacon grease in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Add your stew meat to your container of flour and toss until coated then discard the extra flour.
- Brown your meat slightly in your heated skillet. You don’t need to cook the meat through you just want a little crust to them.
- Add your meat and all other ingredients except the tortellini to a Crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- About an hour in whisk your crockpot to blend in your cream cheese.
- With about twenty minutes remaining add your tortellini.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
Foodie & Craft Pro