Sherry roasted mushrooms are the perfect addition to salads, steaks or chicken dinners. The have such a sweet and savory flavor that you can pop them like candy on their own. They are so quick and easy to make that they may become a new favorite side dish.
- 1 (8oz.) Carton of Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 2 T. Butter (diced)
- 1 C. Cooking Sherry
- (optional: 1/2 C. Diced Red Onion)
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Place mushrooms (and onions) in a grill safe baking dish
- Pour cooking sherry over the mushrooms and sprinkle with butter.
- Reduce grill heat to low.
- Place dish on grill and close grill
- Let cook for about 8 min.
- Open grill and stir mushrooms
- Close grill and cook for an additional 5 min.
- Strain and serve.
(Oven directions are the same as grill but heat oven to 350ºF)
Foodie & Craft Pro